Games that have been knocked off the list due to completion:
- Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition – well, Dante\’s route on normal anyway. I\’ve started a Vergil playthrough, but it\’s more like something I can do if I\’m in the mood. With this I can finally claim to have beaten a DMC game!
And that\’s the only game I managed to beat last month.
- Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition – Still on Mission 5-2.
- Zack & Wiki – No progress here either.
- Super Mario Galaxy – Took a few stabs at clearing that Luigi coin mission, and the closest I came was 80-something coins before my reflexes failed me.
- NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams – I set my sights a little lower and decided to go for all C-ranks first so I could unlock the true ending to the game. Unfortunately this is easier said than done because some of the side missions are really fucking stupid.
- Advance Wars: Days of Ruin – Gathering dust. For some reason I simply can\’t bring myself to finish that particular mission.
- Sonic Rush Adventure – Set a few more personal records in time attack, but otherwise nothing else. I\’ve noticed that the physics in this game are quite broken (at least as far as Sonic games go).
- Mass Effect – I\’ve unlocked my character\’s specialised class (went for Shock Trooper) and after spending ages on sidequests I\’ve finally started on the main story quests again. Still pretty good so far – the universe is interesting, and conversations with the supporting characters tend to reveal some interesting nuances over time.
- Beyond Good & Evil – Played a bit more. This feels like a Zelda game with most of the tedium/treating the player like he\’s five years old stripped out. So far, having a lot of fun with it.
The only \”new\” entries on the list?
- Diablo II: Lord of Destruction – Nostalgia got to me after the Diablo III announcement. I\’m rebuilding my old Zeal/Fanaticism Paladin (boring build, I know, but it was the first D2 character I ever made). In addition I\’m playing a summoning Necromancer for playing online with PenPen.
- Devil May Cry 4 – So far it\’s definitely easier than both Devil May Cry and Devil May Cry 3, but still rather fun. The Devil Bringer isn\’t quite as interesting to me as the instant rev and other frame-specific moves like Table Hopper and the instant Exceed, which are the main source of depth in Nero\’s play style.
Stay tuned for next month\’s update, when I reveal pretty much the same list with no changes whatsoever!