Here\’s last month\’s edition.
Games that have been knocked off the list due to completion:
- Devil May Cry 4 – Beat it on Devil Hunter, although honestly I don\’t think I\’m really done with it yet. I can\’t say that I\’ve really mastered any aspect of the game (except maybe Nero\’s Devil Buster but it\’s LOL EZ anyway).
- NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams – I\’ve gotten all my C ranks and unlocked the true ending to the game, so it\’s leaving the list. I\’ll still keep trying for A ranks and better scores from time to time, though (it\’s a freaking score attack game – who wouldn\’t). Maybe I\’ll put some footage up here when I try it out.
- Zack & Wiki – I\’ve beaten the main story quest, but I haven\’t found any of the hidden treasures yet. Still, that\’s good enough for me for now.
- Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition – Beat it shortly after my last list of doom post. I\’ve fiddled around a bit with the other modes (the Ada side missions and the Mercenaries minigame) but I haven\’t gone back to the game yet.
Games still being played:
- Super Mario Galaxy – Would you believe I\’m still stuck on that one Luigi purple coin mission?
- Advance Wars: Days of Ruin – Really haven\’t touched it at all.
- Sonic Rush Adventure – That last Sol Emerald is a bitch.
- Mass Effect – I\’ve just finished up the Noveria story quests. It seems that there really aren\’t that many main story quests which is a little alarming, but I\’ll see what happens. I\’ve started to get a good feel for my final opinion on the game, too…and it\’s a little uneven.
- Beyond Good & Evil – Still fun – I\’m right after the part where Pey\’j gets kidnapped (spoiler).
Games that were started and beaten over the course of the month:
- Metal Gear Solid – Great boss fights, great sneaking areas, terrible gun controls, WALL OF PLOT is annoying.
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance – Boss fights are somewhat less great, sneaking is much more fun, gun controls are better, WALL OF PLOT is still annoying.
New entries on the list:
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence – Not too far in. I can\’t say I\’ve gotten the hang of CQC yet – for some reason every time I try to grab someone from behind I end up throwing them and setting off an alarm.
- Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword – this is surprisingly good for a handheld conversion of Ninja Gaiden. There are some cutbacks (simplified combos, only one melee weapon and two ranged weapons) but otherwise it\’s fast and furious just like the console versions.
- Uncharted: Drake\’s Fortune – my first PS3 game! Think Gears of War crossed with Resident Evil 4 with a minimal bit of Tomb Raider splashed in for good measure. Very polished and slick – nothing to complain about so far.
- Bionic Commando: Rearmed – I never played the NES version, but even so this game is pretty cool. While the levels and bosses themselves are pretty well-designed, I particularly like the Portal-style Challenge Rooms.
And that\’s it for August!
It just occurred to me that my Wii backlog is basically empty now (except for Galaxy). Any Wii game recommendations? Keep in mind that I\’m a lonely bastard who plays games by himself all the time.